~ aZure pLea5ures ~

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Singapore, here I come!

Finally, I settled most of the arrangements for my Singapore trip from 22-25 July. Have booked the Air Asia ticket to JHB, got someone to commit to fetching me there, researched on how to get from Senai International Airport to Singapore, converted my MYR to SGD and of course, found a hotel for my 4D 3N stay there. Can't wait! 2 days more to go!!

Speaking of the hotel, wow, did I ever attempt the most roundabout way to book a hotel in a foreign country. At first I thought of bunking with my darling Desmond at his apartment (where he's staying during his 1-month work and training), but we discovered that he's staying with 3 males, 1 from China and 2 from Vietnam. There's really not much space left and I'm just not comfy being in the same apartment as 4 guys though one of them happens to be my boyfriend! Call me a traditionalist but for the Chinese, this is definitely a no-no!

So I looked up some deals on the Internet and chanced upon a travel package offered by a tour agency in KL. With some help from Desmond, I looked up the hotels' locations and original rates (he enquired from reception) . . . , and it's actually quite a good deal after all. So I decided to go with the package since time was running short. Had to make the payment in full 'cause I was going to arrive there in less than a weeks' time.

The next day, they called and said all the hotels offered under that package were fully booked. They offered 3 alternatives, but one was in Geylang area (I just don't feel comfortable staying there) and for the other two I had to pay a surcharge as it was an upgrade.

Well, to cut a long story short, with limited time and resources (read $$$) in my hands, I managed to finally secure an Internet booking for a reasonable hotel in a good area, and located near 3 MRT stations. Best thing is, it was even *RM136* cheaper than the tour agent's package for a similar class hotel! What a blessing, phew! I was really getting desperate to the point that I'd accept any hotel as long as it was within budget and near an MRT...

So, it's set then. All is done, so I'll be starting on my packing tonight and rest well too. Been really pushing myself lately and coming down with a sore throat, notwithstanding droopy eyes, a pale face and blurness associated with sleep deprivation. Nvm, the thought of seeing my darling in Singapore and all the bright neon and beckoning store lights will give me the strength to have a miraculous recovery in just 2 days time, hehehe. Don't you agree?

Shopaholic Ai Jou.... it's time to wake up from your long slumber!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home